Re: real time importing to Oracle.

From: DA Morgan <damorgan_at_x.washington.edu>
Date: Mon, 01 Nov 2004 19:03:51 -0800

jim wrote:

> Can anyone help with this as I am not familiar with Oracle. One of my
> students wishes to develop a system to run under UNIX that will have the
> functionality he has outlined below:
>
> It is a PBX phone system which when someone rings in it writes the
> details of number calling and which person/dept routing to a file. I
> need some how to have a program waiting till the file is updated to grab
> the new entry and turn it into format appropriate for oracle so i can
> run a trigger on it to bring up the callers details.
>
> So far as I can see he wants some type of TSR to monitor the PBX file
> for activity and when detected this will trigger an import to ORACLE.
> I do not yet know in what format the PBX stores data other than it has a
> DAT extension. However, if there is anyone has any ideas please help.
> Jim

If you are an instructor perhaps you can explain http://www.freethought.demon.co.uk.

My guts tell me that you are THE student ... So no help here. I have consulted for four separate phone companies and no real problem resembles what you describe.

Daniel Morgan
University of Washington
damorgan_at_x.washington.edu Received on Mon Nov 01 2004 - 21:03:51 CST