Re: Oracle or mySQL

From: HansF <news.hans_at_telus.net>
Date: Fri, 29 Oct 2004 11:12:22 GMT

Mark wrote:

> Can you also advise what language does mySQL use to write triggers
> etc...?
> Basically what is mySQL's equivalent to Oracle's PL/SQL??
>
> Also, for what I need I will have alot of transactions (additions and
> editing records using Cold Fusion on the Web) and need alot of
> reports, and need heavy security on the database.
>
> This will be on a Windows 2000 Server.

According to the MySQL docco at http://dev.mysql.com/doc/, triggers are on the development roadmap for 5.0 and 5.1 ... I am looking at what appears to be the current 5.0.1-alpha MySQL Reference Manual and Appendix C (Change og) indicates it is valid to July 2004.

I can not answer your question, because I do not know whether that information (or proposal) has been released for the version that will include triggers.

Welcoming any corrections
/Hans Received on Fri Oct 29 2004 - 06:12:22 CDT