Oracle or mySQL

From: Mark <teser3_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 28 Oct 2004 15:10:57 -0700

Please advise the advantages of using Oracle over mySQL.

I currently use Access database work with Cold Fusion. Now I need a more powerful database that can handle more users and with high security and transaction consistency.
I now need alot of reasons why I should pay for Oracle instead of using the mySQL database.

Also Oracle has PL/SQL and what language does mySQL have similiar to PL/SQL language for interacting with database such as writing triggers etc..
Is PL/SQL another reason why Oracle is better than mySQL? Received on Thu Oct 28 2004 - 17:10:57 CDT