Off: Re: Oracle Desktop?

From: HansF <news.hans_at_telus.net>
Date: Tue, 26 Oct 2004 02:33:23 GMT

Info_at_FortLauderdaleFriendMaker.Com wrote:

> Bricklen, if I ask a question I expect an answer...not a link to some
> catch all website.
>
> Don't call me rude....I'm not rude.
>
> Every question posted to this website could be responded to with your
> answer
> to me "how about you do a little bit of checking on the Oracle site."
> That's EVERY SINGLE QUESTION!
>
> The reason we have these is so that people can ask, many times "dumb
> questions", and get straightforward answers.
>
> If you don't like my questions...or my comments....shut up.
>
> I might read 50 questions before I answer one. The rest I just ignore.

Your 'expectation for an answer' does not match the expectation of this community. (BTW - the regulars here prefer bottom posting. That seems to be another expectation mismatch.)

Due to the number of students who come to this forum for answers and the number of consultants/trainers who respond, our method here is to provide pointers first rather than solutions, and provide direct answers only when show the effort to date. Other sources that may suit you better include Oracle's 'tech forums' also at http://otn.oracle.com >> discussion forum and your local Oracle Users Group.

IMO, you were incredibly rude and kinda like the proverbial "bull in a china shop". Incredibly egotistical and self-centered is your assumption that the culture (other forums) you know automatically applies here. I encourage you to look for a newsgroup FAQ before posting in the future.

(Also, I suggest you change your posting ID if you want any help from this forum in the future. You have probably just encouraged every possible resource here to add you to their kill file. You're in mine.)

One final note - that site is intended to be an Oracle Technical Information PORTAL. You are supposed be able to go there to find the answer for every single question. It's also the only route to the free download. And, as it states in the FAQ, you are asked to go there first.

<sigh> Received on Mon Oct 25 2004 - 21:33:23 CDT