Re: ODBC Database Link

From: HansF <news.hans_at_telus.net>
Date: Mon, 25 Oct 2004 17:50:00 GMT

Bruno D. wrote:

> Hi to everyone,
>
> On my Oracle 9i database, I have an odbc dblink to a sqlserver database.
>
> When it's linked on 'my' sqlserver, I have to double-quote every column
> like this:
>
> select "my_data" from my_table.
>
> When it's linked on some other sqlserver, I have *not* to double quote.
>
> I'm not sure, if it's an oracle, odbc or sqlserver setting but I can't
> find it...
> ... and that makes me crazy !!!
>
> Any help ?

If you cut & paste your select statement, then your problem is likely that my_data is a mixed-case identifier.

Oracle (and others) automatically upper case any identifiers and you have to override that by using double-quotes every time you want to reference it.

(Microsoft seems to have 'extended the standard' again. Can you say vendor lock-in? <g>)
HTH
/Hans Received on Mon Oct 25 2004 - 12:50:00 CDT