inner workings of UTL_FILE.RENAME??

From: underthegun <rpc35803_at_msn.com>
Date: Thu, 21 Oct 2004 14:57:02 -0400

We are using the UTL_FILE.RENAME function to give created files good names after they are complete (we use temporary names at creation time and use that name while still writing the file). Can anyone tell me the logic that Oracle uses to perform these file renames on the UNIX system? We occasionally run into trouble when another piece of software, looking for completed files (ignores files with "TEMP" in the front of the file name), tries to pick up one of the files that is being renamed from it's TEMP_<filename> to <filename>. Received on Thu Oct 21 2004 - 13:57:02 CDT