Error while trying to install 11.5.5 on RHL EL AS 3.0

From: Ram <rparavastu_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 21 Oct 2004 10:42:38 -0700

Hi folks,

I am having this problem while trying to install 11.5.5 Oracle applications on Red Hat Linux Enterprise Linux Advanced Server 3.0. I think I have completed the pre-install requirements. The error I am getting is as follows:

[root_at_gantecserver root]# /stage/startcd/rapidwiz/rapidwiz

Preparing to start up Rapid Install...

If you are performing a CD install, you must change directories in your
UNIX session to a directory outside of the CD-ROM mount point before you will be able to eject the CD and proceed.

[root_at_gantecserver root]#

/tmp/RapidInstall/jre/Linux/1.1.8/lib/linux/native_threads/libzip.so: symbol errno, version GLIBC_2.0 not defined in file libc.so.6 with link time reference (libzip.so)
Unable to initialize threads: cannot find class java/lang/Thread Could not create Java VM

Hope to hear a solution soon from one of you out there.

Thanks a lot in advance,

Ram. Received on Thu Oct 21 2004 - 12:42:38 CDT