HOW TO FIND THE DUPLICATE VALUES IN A VERTICAL TABLE

From: Katekaneni <vkatekan_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 20 Oct 2004 14:32:32 -0700

Hi There,
I have a quick question, we have a vertical table where we store the properties of an id in "name" "value" pairs and I am trying to find out the contact ids, which has duplicate set of information in an efficient way and set the flag to ‘Y'. The set of property names are not fixed they may vary for every load and each load size varies from 10k to 5M records.

Example:
Select id,prop_name,prop_value,duplicate_flag from myid_props

ID  PROP_NAME	PROP_VALUE DUPLICATE_FLAG
171 lastname	Reckmo     N
171 firstname	Kevin      N
171 number	139388912  N
172 lastname	Reckmo     N
172 firstname	Kevin      N
172 number	139388913  N
173 lastname	Reckmo     N
173 firstname	Kevin      N
173 number	139388913  N

I want to set the duplicate_flag to ‘Y' for contact_id 173 , it's because all properties are same as contact_id 172 properties.

Any input is highly appreciated.

Thanks,
Katekaneni Received on Wed Oct 20 2004 - 16:32:32 CDT