Re: Installing Oracle on openVMS

From: Robert A.M. van Lopik <lopik_at_mail.telepac.pt>
Date: Tue, 19 Oct 2004 14:33:36 +0100

"Simon Stirley" <simon_at_stirley.me.uk> wrote in message news:41751281.1822483612_at_news.demon.co.uk...
> Hi,
>
> I've got an old DEC Alpha that I've installed openVMS (Hobbyist
> license) onto, and am now trying to get Oracle setup. Everytime I come
> to run the installer (@runInstaller off Disk1) it tells me I must have
> certain permissions for the current user - but from what I can see I
> have those permissions. Is this a common problem that anyone knows how
> to solve ? thanks.
>
> PS. the user I created to install under is 'sa' and has permissions
> added with AUTHORIZE as follows -
> CMKRNL
> GROUP
> WORLD
> GRPNAM
> SYSNAM
>
> The 'system' account itself doesn't work as the installer won't let
> you install under that, or any account in the system group

Assuming you are using 9i release 2 (as you use the universal installer) you need at least the following priviliges:

CMKRNL GROUP GRPNAM IMPERSONATE LOG_IO NETMBX OPER PFNMAP PRMGBL PRMMBX SHARE SYSGBL SYSLCK SYSNAM SYSPRV TMPMBX WORLDhth

see the installation guide...

hth

rob van lopik Received on Tue Oct 19 2004 - 08:33:36 CDT