Re: Oracle9iR2 RAC & vmware workstation 4.5.2

From: Daniel Morgan <damorgan_at_x.washington.edu>
Date: Sat, 16 Oct 2004 11:00:15 -0700

MRam wrote:

> I was under the impression that I need to have atleast 3 machines to
> have a RAC cluster. Is it possible to have a RAC in just one machine?
> (Yes, this is for learning purposes. I want to install RAC in my home
> machine).
>
> If you can kindly let me know the configuration I would need and also
> point me to the resources for going about installing RAC with one
> machine (if possible) I would greatly appreciate that.
>
> Thanks

Possible with one for training though useless in any type of environment where the purpose is fail-over and high-availability. We would normally say that two is the minimum.

For information on a single node RAC check out metalink, these usenet groups and use google.

--
Daniel A. Morgan
University of Washington