Re: Oracle9iR2 RAC & vmware workstation 4.5.2

From: Kari Häkkinen <Kari.Hakkinen_at_yomi.com>
Date: Sat, 16 Oct 2004 12:21:34 +0300

"MRam" <lambu999_at_yahoo.com> kirjoitti
viestissä:e6313a61.0410160103.1faabf36_at_posting.google.com...

> Hi,
>
> I was under the impression that I need to have atleast 3 machines to
> have a RAC cluster. Is it possible to have a RAC in just one machine?
> (Yes, this is for learning purposes. I want to install RAC in my home
> machine).
>
> If you can kindly let me know the configuration I would need and also
> point me to the resources for going about installing RAC with one
> machine (if possible) I would greatly appreciate that.

Yes, you can setup an Oracle RAC with just one machine.

Check out this Metalink article:

Doc ID: Note:241114.1
Subject: Step-By-Step Installation of RAC on Linux - Single Node (Oracle9i 9.2.0 with OCFS)

You may also find this Metalink article useful:

Doc ID: Note:184821.1
Subject: Step-By-Step Installation of 9.2.0.5 RAC on

Also don't forget to check Werner Puschitz's excellent Oracle & Linux site at http://www.puschitz.com/

Regards,
Kari Received on Sat Oct 16 2004 - 04:21:34 CDT