Re: Attention Experienced Professionals

From: Laconic2 <laconic2_at_comcast.net>
Date: Fri, 15 Oct 2004 08:18:08 -0400

"Marshall Spight" <mspight_at_dnai.com> wrote in message news:t7Hbd.366647$mD.281504_at_attbi_s02...

> Damn it! There's plenty of us in management who get it! Now
> back to work, you lazy programmer! By the way, your project
> estimates were all too high; I need final delivery by Thanksgiving.
> I've already promised sales you'd be done by then.

There was a down side to my "going independent", but there was an upside as well. And this was it.

After I shed the golden handcuffs, bosses could only tell me I was fired. They couldn't tell me I was worthless.

BTW, Check out the Dilbert Cartoon of 2/24/02, if you can find it. I think that's the one that introduces "Kronos ,the god of time management". Received on Fri Oct 15 2004 - 07:18:08 CDT