Re: Oracle Certification

From: Hans Forbrich <news.hans_at_telus.net>
Date: Mon, 11 Oct 2004 14:30:28 GMT

Richard wrote:

> Has anybody got an opinion on the value of Oracle Certification in the UK?
> I've read some messages describing it almost as a prerequisite for DBA
> work.
> Anybody have any other views? I understand that it's fairly expensive to
> get the qualification now. Is it worthwhile?
>
> What happens if you fail an exam? Can you just keep resitting until you
> pass, like a driving test?
>
> Also, what happens when new versions of Oracle are released? Is there an
> upgrade exam? Do you need to pay for additional training courses before
> sitting the exam?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Richard

You will find this is a touchy topic here. There is an ongoing debate in comp.databases.oracle.misc and comp.databases.oracle.server around the _value_ of Oracle certification. You can see that debate in the archives, for example http://groups.google.com

As Sybrand says, direct answers to your questions are available on the Oracle education site at http://education.oracle.com - there are several links from that page - easiest is the 'Certification' from the left hand menu. Received on Mon Oct 11 2004 - 09:30:28 CDT