Re: max and avg together

From: Daniel Morgan <damorgan_at_x.washington.edu>
Date: Sat, 09 Oct 2004 12:22:13 -0700

Toomas Kristin wrote:

> Daniel Morgan wrote:
>

>> We don't do homework for students. This can be done with GROUP BY or
>>  with ANALYTIC FUNCTIONS. Likely your instructor expects you to use
>> GROUP BY.

> I am sorry, I didn't know that asking help about homework is denied. I
> should understand yours dipleasure, if i'd ask do my homework instead
> me but I asked only hint how solve this target. By the way, GROUP BY
> wasn't the correct hint.
>
> --
> Tom

I teach at the University of Washington and as such attempt to represent the interests of other universities and faculties with regard to groups such as this one.

Hints to students are acceptable: Complete answers are not. And all of my students clearly understand that answers provided here are worth zero points even when correct.

--
Daniel A. Morgan
University of Washington