Re: Inserting from comma deliminated file

From: Bit Twister <BitTwister_at_localhost.localdomain>
Date: Sat, 09 Oct 2004 18:18:17 GMT

On 9 Oct 2004 10:52:51 -0700, Rich Sias wrote:
> I have a comma deliminated file with the first 12 columns to load into
> an Oracle table. Cols 13 and up will go into another table. IDs from
> both will be put into a key file to match up both items.

Anytime I had to import data like that, I created a table to hold each line and extra columns to hold interchange data, line number, pass/fail, and what not.

use sqlldr to bring in the data, audit all data to verify format, range, junk characters,...., set audi pass flag.

Use a cursor loop to do the insterts into real tables. Received on Sat Oct 09 2004 - 13:18:17 CDT