Re: Create public view...

From: Turkbear <john.g_at_dot.spamfree.com>
Date: Fri, 08 Oct 2004 14:53:54 -0500

forbrich_at_gmail.com (Hans) wrote:

>"Julien" <machaon13_at_wanadoo.fr> wrote in message news:<ck682v$q2l$1_at_aphrodite.grec.isp.9tel.net>...
>> Hello all,
>>
>> I'd like to create views for all users, but the command : "create public
>> view..." did not work, so the views I create with user "Internal" are only
>> usable with this user.
>>
>> How can I (maybe with a GRANT) give access to those views to other users in
>> my db ?
>>
>> Thx All !
>
>I'd encourage you to try it out ... you are looking for a GRANT ... TO
>PUBLIC
>
>Strongly encourage reading the docco to understyand the concepts of
>USER, SCHEMA, ROLE and PUBLIC (which is not exactly the same as a
>ROLE).
>
>/Hans

Julien,

I would STRONGLY ENCOURAGE you to stop creating stuff while connected as internal.... Use that account ONLY for starting,stopping and otherwise manipulating the database instance at the Global, system level..Use SYSTEM ( or some other user with some DBA privs) to do most administration duties.. Received on Fri Oct 08 2004 - 14:53:54 CDT