Attention Experienced Professionals

From: Alan <alan_at_erols.com>
Date: Fri, 8 Oct 2004 15:37:15 -0400

This is one of the times of the year when we start getting a lot of questions from students. There have been several of tehse lately. Sometimes they state that they are students, and sometimes they try to disuise an assignment as a business problem hoping that someone will give them the answer. I encourage everyone to try to determine if a post is from a student posing as a professional. They are usually easy to spot if you are inclined to look for them. I don't want to go into detail as to what to look for, but if you keep your eyes open, they can be spotted. Of course, the downside is that we may "accuse" a legit poster of being a student trying to cheat, but they usually understand and give more details about their problem, which is a good thing anyway.

We should probably come up with some position on this, but generally, students are encouraged to try to solve the problem on their own first, post what they have, and then we will provide guidance, hints, and clues- but not direct answers. Received on Fri Oct 08 2004 - 14:37:15 CDT