Re: Default Passwords?

From: Hans <forbrich_at_gmail.com>
Date: 8 Oct 2004 10:42:10 -0700

"-Alex" <NoSpam_at_nospam.com> wrote in message news:<vkx9d.8783$bd3.6470_at_news02.roc.ny>...
> I have downloaded 10G and am now trying to do "stuff".
>
> I have been away from Oracle for a couple years and have forgotten the
> default passwords for SYS SYSADMIN etc.
>
> Can someone tell or point me to where these are documented?
>
> Thanks,
> Joe

There are no 'default' passwords anymore. Under GUI creation (DBCA) we are asked to reset the passwords, which traditionally had been

SYS = CHANGE_ON_INSTALL
SYSTEM = MANAGER for all others we now need to unlock the account before using it using something like

ALTER USER username IDENTIFIED BY new_password ACCOUNT UNLOCK;

Since you've been away for a while I strongly encourage you to go through the CONCEPTS manual at http://docs.oracle.com - a LOT of things have changed. Think "Having learned on a Model-T, you can drive a Ferrari. But ..."

HTH
/Hans Received on Fri Oct 08 2004 - 12:42:10 CDT