Re: Create public view...

From: Sybrand Bakker <sybrandb_at_hccnet.nl>
Date: Fri, 08 Oct 2004 17:31:05 +0200

On Fri, 8 Oct 2004 16:27:12 +0200, "Julien" <machaon13_at_wanadoo.fr> wrote:

>Hello all,
>
>I'd like to create views for all users, but the command : "create public
>view..." did not work, so the views I create with user "Internal" are only
>usable with this user.
>
>How can I (maybe with a GRANT) give access to those views to other users in
>my db ?
>
>Thx All !

First of all : you should NEVER EVER create your own views under internal or SYS. Internal has been deprecated along time ago, also it points to the SYS schema, the SYS schema contains the dictionary so it is NOT EXPORTED, as it is recreated during import. If you really want 'public' views (which in my eyes results in an unprotected database), look up GRANT SELECT on ... to public and create public synonym .... for <user>.<object>

--
Sybrand Bakker, Senior Oracle DBA