I need to move oracle database from one to another server

From: marqzik <marqzik_at_wp.pl>
Date: Fri, 08 Oct 2004 07:07:27 GMT

Hello. Please take into consideratio a scenarrio... on left and hardware the same server on right

SUN server                SUN server

Solaris
Oracle database

And now.
Left server is working.
But I stopped whole server one month ago and did _full_ backup of all filesystems.
After that server and database were operating back for one month. Now.
I have second SUN identical server on the right. I did full restore on this server (of all filesystems). But of course database is not up to date. I can stop oracle on left and move some files to right server. My idea is to do:
On the right (new server) remove all (old) dbf files, controll files, redologs.
Copy files from the original server (on left) that are has been in "work" for recent month to the second server:
dbf files
control files
and redo logs.

Then start new server on right?
Is it all I have to do? Or I will meet any problems? Regards Received on Fri Oct 08 2004 - 02:07:27 CDT