query to join two tables in 2 different schema

From: Harry <harryooopotter_at_hotmail.co_>
Date: Thu, 07 Oct 2004 18:56:04 GMT

At my work we have an Oracle 9 database sitting on a W2K server. Therre are two different schema, one for overall info and the other just for storing reports.

schema A: a table "study" with study_id, etc.

schema B: a table "report" with study_id, etc.

How can I made a query, in SQL Plus (or PL/SQL, or Perl script) that can join the table together?

pseduo code:

  select s.study_id, r.report_type
  from study s connected to schema A using userid xxx password yyy,

       report s connected to schema B using userid ppp password qqq   where s.study_id = r.study_id

Is it doable?

TIA Received on Thu Oct 07 2004 - 13:56:04 CDT