Possible variation on "Invalid name pattern" exception

From: Rob Seegel <RobSeegel_at_aol.com>
Date: 6 Oct 2004 20:39:49 -0700

I have some JDBC code where I am passing an Array to a Stored Procedure. I've seen various postings that appeared to be similar, however the problem I'm seeing seems subtly different.

I have a TYPE called NAME_LIST which is a VARRAY(20) OF VARCHAR2(25), which is created outside of any packages. I CAN successfully create an ArrayDescriptor when I qualify the NAME_LIST with the User name, like so:

ArrayDescriptor ad =

   ArrayDescriptor.createDescriptor("RCSEEGE.NAME_LIST", connection);

However, when I do the following:

ArrayDescriptor ad =

   ArrayDescriptor.createDescriptor("NAME_LIST", connection);

I get a SQLException with "Invalid name pattern: RCSEEGE .NAME_LIST"

Note the space between RCSEEGE and .NAME_LIST - it's as though there's a configuration problem (with Oracle?) that's causing it to resolve the namespace incorrectly, when I connect to the database.

Any thoughts on what the problem might be, and how I might correct the problem?

Thanks in advance,

Rob Received on Wed Oct 06 2004 - 22:39:49 CDT