Re: oracle / tomcat performance problem

From: Andrew Thompson <SeeMySites_at_www.invalid>
Date: Tue, 05 Oct 2004 18:05:59 GMT

On 5 Oct 2004 10:33:21 -0700, Mark Durant wrote:

> Yesterday, though, I "upgraded" to
> WinXP SP2 (I know ... I know), and while I'm not positive that it's
> the culprit

..
> ... Since I don't have much choice but to keep the SP2 upgrade
> -- for reasons that I won't go into here -- I had to put it back.
> So I'm not entirely sure where to go from here.

I do not think SP2 has anything to do with this.

The quickest way to rule it out, is to intall a browser like Firefox and test it with that.

If FF is as slow (or in the same ball-park) look elsewhere.

Just to check two things, though.

Is it pure HTML being returned to the client?

Is there any Javascript, or other applets or plug-ins within the page?

[ BTW - X-Post retained for the moment, but please consider directing follow-ups to one of the 3 groups. ]

--
Andrew Thompson
http://www.PhySci.org/codes/  Web & IT Help