Re: Oracle environment management reporting

From: Hans <forbrich_at_gmail.com>
Date: 5 Oct 2004 07:16:22 -0700

Daniel Morgan <damorgan_at_x.washington.edu> wrote in message news:<1096949005.76934_at_yasure>...
> paakki.travis_at_menlolog.com wrote:
>
> > I was recently given the responsibility of creating a set of graphical
> > reports for my upper management on our Oracle 8 & 9 environment of
> > hundreds of instances across many physical servers. There were no
> > specifications on the types of graphs, but just to make us look good
> > and to describe in a sense why we cost what we do.
> >
> > Is anyone using one of the commericial packages for this? What package
> > and type of report are you producing? I was looking to have something
> > that we can summarize in a few pages, not a page or two for each
> > instance.
> > Anyone else trying to explain databaseworld to a manager?
> >
> > Thanks
>
> Look at Discoverer, Crystal Reports, Cognos, Brio, Business Objects.
>
> Do not look at MS Excell or Access.

Have you looked at the reports provided by Oracle Enterprise Manager in the 'central DBA' mode using OMS? Curiously enough, one of the intended uses is 'management reporting'. And they are provided as part of the database license, effectively no extra charge.

/Hans Received on Tue Oct 05 2004 - 09:16:22 CDT