Re: Avoiding external join by joining strings

From: Jochen Wiedmann <jochen.wiedmann_at_freenet.de>
Date: 5 Oct 2004 01:55:00 -0700

Turkbear <john.g_at_dot.spamfree.com> wrote in message

> Look into building a stored procedure - Pl/Sql can handle this type of thing
> better than SqlPLus..

Thanks for the hint. However, could you imagine a solution without stored
procedures?

The reason I am asking is as follows: We currently have an application without
any stored procedures. The nice thing with that is, that we typically can
deploy an application by just dropping a war file into the right location. Introducing a stored procedure would mean, that we had to develop a process
for deploying stored procedures.

Regards,

Jochen Received on Tue Oct 05 2004 - 03:55:00 CDT