Re: before image ++OCP

From: Mark C. Stock <mcstockX_at_Xenquery>
Date: Sat, 2 Oct 2004 13:31:27 -0400

"Daniel Morgan" <damorgan_at_x.washington.edu> wrote in message news:1096733541.806628_at_yasure...
| Odba2003 wrote:
|
| > the quote was from Daniel Benjamin's book "Oracle OCP Oracle 9i
Database: New
| > Features for Administrators Exam Guide (Exam 1z0-030).
|
| Why is it I am not surprised that something at best obscure and at worst
| incorrect, shows up on an OCP exam. My advice ... ignore the book and
| ignore the OCP: Neither is of substantive value.
|
| --
| Daniel A. Morgan
| University of Washington
| damorgan_at_x.washington.edu
| (replace 'x' with 'u' to respond)

a couple of years ago i was getting insecure that my 18 years oracle experience but with no OCP was going to cost me opportunities... so i bought some of the Oracle Press 9i Exam guides. i didn't pursue the OCP, and didn't feel insecure anymore (so i guess the books worked?)

anyway, one of the most interesting aspects of the books was the 'OCP Building Internet Applications I & II Exam Guide' how much Internet-specific material did it have? 0%. but it did recommend ActiveX controls as a type of reusable component

++ mcs Received on Sat Oct 02 2004 - 12:31:27 CDT