Re: getting certified

From: Daniel Morgan <damorgan_at_x.washington.edu>
Date: Sat, 02 Oct 2004 09:09:06 -0700

John T wrote:

> Dave,
>
> What would be the best thing to do then?
>
> John
> "Dave" <david.sharples3_at_ntlXworld.com> wrote in message
>

>>"John T" <john.templeton2004NOSPAM_at_blueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message
>>
>>>Hi there,
>>>
>>>I am currently learning Oracle, but is there any sort of Oracle
>>>examination
>>>or certification you can sit, to get proof you use it.
>>>
>>>Regards
>>>
>>>John
>>>

>>yes its called OCP, sear for it on oracle's site but dont expect it to get
>>you anywhere

A very difficult question. The OCP is as close to worthless as something can be. It has incorrect answers, it asks about obscurities, and it does not focus on those skills actually required to "do the job."

At this point, unfortunately, our industry has no actual means of measuring competency. And that not only helps the feeble it hurts the able.

--
Daniel A. Morgan
University of Washington