Re: Quickets way to learn Oracle

From: Hans Forbrich <news.hans_at_telus.net>
Date: Thu, 30 Sep 2004 11:33:00 GMT

Jan Gelbrich wrote:

> If You can afford it, take a class on Oracle basics.

But shop around. There are many 'classes for the sake of classes'. Ask for references.

Followed quickly by O'Reilly's "Mastering SQL" and "The Oracle PL/SQL CD Bookshelf" (http://oracle.oreilly.com), and Thomas Kyte's books "Effective Oracle by Design" (http://www.oraclepress.com) and "Expert One-on-One Oracle" (http://www.apress.com)

And if you're getting the software, why not get the free boot-strap tutorials (http://otn.oracle.com/obe), documentation (http://docs.oracle.com) and the sample code (http://otn.oracle.com >> Resources) Received on Thu Sep 30 2004 - 06:33:00 CDT