Re: Quickets way to learn Oracle

From: Jan Gelbrich <j_gelbrich_at_westfalen-blatt.de>
Date: Thu, 30 Sep 2004 08:42:57 +0200

"John T" <john.templeton2004NOSPAM_at_blueyonder.co.uk> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:awB6d.119059$U04.2404_at_fe1.news.blueyonder.co.uk...
> Jan,
>
> My current back is "IT Support" currently work with MS Office, MS
Exchange
> and Active Directory and that, but i'm really interested in training
towards
> a junior developer.
>
> Have you got any advice for me?
> Or how i could achieve this?
>
> Thanks
>
> John

If You can afford it, take a class on Oracle basics.

If not, read a book that might be suitable for You. Then, I would suggest O´Reilly books,
e.g. "Oracle in a Nutshell" or "Oracle Essentials". IMHO they are some of the best introductions for newbees.

If You are interested in Developing, concentrate on PL/SQL and Java. You maybe want to know about
Oracle Developer Suite.

And for Your practice, download the software from Oracle on a evaluation license - it is free :)
If You have an Oracle database at Your company, ask Your DBA to have a Schema where You can
practice; if not, download the Oracle Database and install in on Your test PC.

HTH, Jan Received on Thu Sep 30 2004 - 01:42:57 CDT