Oracle scalability issues

From: Jørgen Ruud <jorgenru_at_jaguar.stud.ntnu.no>
Date: Wed, 29 Sep 2004 13:44:32 +0000 (UTC)

Hello,
I'm writing my masters thesis on "scalability of a web system". This system uses a Oracle 9.0.3 RAC DB. I wonder if there exists any known scalability problems with this database?.

I'm doing some calculations and wonder if anyone know how many CPU instructions a SQL operations in Oracle needs (just a rough number, are we talking 10^6 or 10^7), and how many clock cycles does it need to complete?

Thanks in advance.

--
Jorgen Ruud
jorgenru_at_stud.ntnu.no