Using remote database link

From: Joe <iets_at_iets.nl>
Date: Tue, 28 Sep 2004 17:06:42 +0200

Hello,

I'm trying to make a remote database link

One database has the following global name

select * from global_name
GLOBAL_NAME

LSRNO.LSRNO0012S.LSRNO.AGRO.NL
1 row selected

The other name is below

select * from global_name
GLOBAL_NAME

LSRNO.LSRNO001S.LSRNO.AGRO.NL
1 row selected

Now I thought I should use these as below but it doesn't work

select count(*) from documentmemos_at_LSRNO.LSRNO0012S.LSRNO.AGRO.NL

ORA-02019: connection description for remote database not found

I also succeeded in creating a dblink but using it doesn't work either after a long time it says TNS-names could not be resolved, I used the above names that where also in the TNS file. Received on Tue Sep 28 2004 - 10:06:42 CDT