Re: Non-interactive install and DBD::Oracle

From: JGH <johnheim_at_nospam.tds.net>
Date: Fri, 24 Sep 2004 20:02:43 +0000 (UTC)

Bricklen <bricklen_at_zyahoo.zcomz> wrote in news:ZWZ4d.82782$KU5.62875_at_edtnps89:

> JGH wrote:

>> I'm trying to compile the perl module DBD::Oracle. It's giving me an
>> error that says I probably need to install more components. I've
>> goodled for that error message and I've found that it means you have
>> to install some things called pro*c and rdbms.
>>
>> Well, I need to to a silent/non-inteeractive install of Oracle
>> because I'm blind. And I can't figure out how to install those
>> components via the sample response files on my CD.
>>
>> Does anybody know what Oracle 9.2.0.1.0 components I have to install
>> to get DBD::Oracle to compile?
>>
>> Failing that, is there some way to tell it in a response file just to
>> install everything?
>>
>> So far, I've done an Administrator Client enstall, a custom client
>> install with all dependencies, and a server install.
>>

> is your $ORACLE_HOME set up? Did you follow the the DBI and > DBD::Oracle instructions in the README?

Yes, it says that the components you need to install vary depending on the version of Oracle you are using. But it doesn't say exactly which components to install and even if it did, I'm not sure it would help me because I have to do a non-interactive install.

I guess I didn't follow the instructions exactly because it says if you can't figure out which components to install, ask some place that meant nothing to me. So I asked here instead. Received on Fri Sep 24 2004 - 15:02:43 CDT