OraOLEDB.Oracle with NCHAR/NVARCHAR2 data types throw error

From: Sunil <zunilp_at_gmail.com>
Date: 22 Sep 2004 02:39:21 -0700

Hi,
My oracle server is oracle 8.1.7.0 nad my client is also 8.1.7 My OraOLEDB provider version is 8.1.7.3. My database character set and NCHAR characterset are WE8ISO8859P1 and client also.
The problem which I am facing now is while using NCHAR/NVARCHAR2 datatypes in a table, I am not able to insert data using OraOLEDB. I tried 2 methods
1) I used IRowsetChange->InsertRow and set the data 2) I used ICommand to execute INSERT INTO (?,?...)

But in both cases it throws ORA-12704: character set mismatch

I set the data type as DBTYPE_WSTR.
I know using sqlplus we can use Insert into table values(N''..etc.

But this is not possible using OraOLEDB(ie prepending N b4 characterdata).

Is there anyway we can do this without changing the characterset ?

In JDBC also using thin/OCI driver I am facing the same problem.

Regards
Zunil
Cordys Received on Wed Sep 22 2004 - 04:39:21 CDT