CHECK Integrity constraint help

From: sali <skhan_at_mdsp.org>
Date: Fri, 17 Sep 2004 14:55:18 -0400

I have this table called Faculty_Schedule, which contains a faculty member's schedule for a particular semester. In the creation of the table, I need to add a check constraint where the teacher can not teach more than 4 classes per semester. Here is what i have so far.

CREATE TABLE faculty_schedule(
 fac_schedule_id NUMBER(2),
 faculty_semster VARCHAR(6),

        faculty_id      NUMBER(5),
 course_id       NUMBER(5),

CONSTRAINT fac_sch_id_pk PRIMARY KEY (fac_schedule_id), CONSTRAINT course_id_fk FOREIGN KEY (course_id) REFERENCES courses
(course_id),

CONSTRAINT faculty_id_fk FOREIGN KEY (faculty_id) REFERENCES faculty
(faculty_id));

How would I include this CHECK constraint in here. This is the first time im writing something that has this type of constraint so I am a little confused about the way it should be done.. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance. Received on Fri Sep 17 2004 - 13:55:18 CDT