Re: Download of 10g Problem

From: Robert Mazur <newsgroups_at_raincode.net>
Date: Fri, 17 Sep 2004 08:58:46 -0700

Turkbear wrote:

> Robert Mazur <newsgroups_at_raincode.net> wrote:
>

>>Sybrand Bakker wrote:

>>>1 You should use a product like Getright
>>>2 You can order the CD for $ 39.95 at the Oracle Store.
>>>

>>>--
>>>Sybrand Bakker, Senior Oracle DBA
>>
>>Thanks for your response.
>>
>>I may resort to ordering CD's. But I was trying to determine if there
>>is a "known issue" currently with the downloads that I could just wait
>>out. Or if other people not experiencing the same apparent time-outs
>>and/or faulty downloads I am.
>>
>>Ceratinly the cause of the problem could lay in places other than with
>>the Oracle servers. Thus my inquiry to try to determine what's going on.
>>
>>Thanks,
>>Rob Mazur (Seattle, WA USA)
>

> This is usually caused by a timeout from the Oracle side..A product like GetRight will attempt to restore the connection and
> complete the download...No error will be generated, since the FTP program, sensing the lack on incoming data, assumes the
> download was complete..( The only way to really tell is to compare the file size)
>
> hth,
> John

Well, I have let GetRight attempt to pull down 9i since Tuesday...and am still at about 35-50% complete on each of the three discs....drawing at an average of about 0.9KB/sec.

Meanwhile I have downloaded a few other large items from elsewhere, with no trouble.

Ah well, I will use alternative methods.

Thanks,
Rob Received on Fri Sep 17 2004 - 10:58:46 CDT