Re-Install Everything to Add Pre-Compiler to 9i?

From: Paul Stanial <p_stanial_at_webfirst.com>
Date: Wed, 15 Sep 2004 12:10:58 -0400

We're running Oracle 9i on a Sun E450. The database has been running fine for a few months. Here's the problem, when we attempted to install the Oracle C Pre-Compiler using DBCA (database configuration assistant) under "Customize" option, we check Compiler Tools (or whatever the prompt actually says) and hit next. The database shows what it's going to do, saying that it will "Re-Install the database." We stopped here (not wanting to blow away everything). Received on Wed Sep 15 2004 - 11:10:58 CDT