Insert fails ORA-24345

From: Tim Bedford <timbedford_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 14 Sep 2004 08:56:03 -0700

Hi,
We've got a PC controlled machine at a client's site. When the machine finishes a batch process a text file of the results is generated. A utility I've written uses SQL*Loader to squirt this data into and Oracle table. The utility then performs some analysis on this data and puts the results in an "export" table. This export table is a mirror of a table on the clients network. The utility checks that a database link is open, then inserts the data into the remote table. At least its meant to.

When our clients signed off the final tests the remote table was simulated on their laptop. Everything worked fine. Now its come to their site and the final INSERT to the remote table fails with error messages:

ORA-24345: A Truncation or null fetch error occurred SP2-0642: SQL*Plus internal error state 2087, context 2:0:0 Unsafe to proceed

A select can be executed against the remote table without a problem. (DESC fails but I think that's another issue). Using 8.1.7.0.0 on our PC, not sure what version's at the other end but inserting data over other dblinks from other PCs works ok.

Any ideas?
TIA Tim Received on Tue Sep 14 2004 - 10:56:03 CDT