Concordance (Dataflight) issues...migrating to oracle

From: RLC <rodney4u_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 14 Sep 2004 08:31:44 -0700

> hello,
> I started working at a site recently that is having many problems with
> the concordance product from a company called dataflight www.dataflight.com
> The dataflight manuals state clearly that concordance has a 4GB file
> size limit. They're hitting this barrier often with the indexes.

.
.
. <snip>
.
.

> I've also confirmed that the only way to get the data out of this system
> is by doing an export (the system can dump to an ASCII text delimited
> file). It would've been nice to have odbc or something like that....oh
> well.

You do have another option besides ASCII. Concordance allows you to exchange data with other Windows applications through the use of Dynamic Data Exchange or DDE (sometimes called DDX).

Several programs are shipped with the product and are written in CPL(Concordance Programming Language), a subset of C. One program in particular, called Send-To-Excel.CPL is designed to transfer data from a Concordance database to an Excel worksheet.

CPL programs can be run as a command-line parameter when starting Concordance, which I think would be helpful for automation purposes. Received on Tue Sep 14 2004 - 10:31:44 CDT