installation of patchset withour reboot

From: Martin Burkert <burki5000_at_gmx.at>
Date: Mon, 13 Sep 2004 12:07:39 +0200

Hi!

I had to upgrade my database from 9.2.0.4 to 9.2.0.5. But after starting the setup.exe of the .0.5-Patchset, the universal installer doesnt start - nothing happend (all Services where down). After a reboot and stopping all services again I was able to start the upgrade as usually. Why is it necessary to reboot the machine - is there a workaround? I think, that something was blocking some files (the stopped services??!).

greeting
Martin Received on Mon Sep 13 2004 - 05:07:39 CDT