Online creation/extension of Tablespaces possible??

From: qazmlp <qazmlp1209_at_rediffmail.com>
Date: 11 Sep 2004 02:13:10 -0700

We have a requirement for increasing the size of the existing Tablespaces. In my understanding, this could be done in either of the following ways:

  1.adding one more datafile to the tablespace
  2.resize the datafile to a high value
  3.autoextend ON for system datafile

I would like to know whether the above operation i.e increasing Tablespace size through one of the above ways, can be done online(DB is running and Application also is using DB)?

What about the case of creating new Tablespace? Can it be done online(on any HW model where Oracle is used)?

Thanks! Received on Sat Sep 11 2004 - 04:13:10 CDT