Re: The reserved word "ACCESS" in a field list of a PL SQL Query

From: Turkbear <john.g_at_dot.spamfree.com>
Date: Thu, 09 Sep 2004 08:45:09 -0500

Hans Forbrich <forbrich_at_yahoo.net> wrote:

>Lee wrote:
>
>> We have a field in our tables call "ACCESS", but we are unable to
>> reference this field in a query becuase it appears to be a reserved
>> word in Oracle (we are running Oracle 10g on Windows 2k).
>
>Use of terms such as 'field' when you mean 'column' imply that you have very
>limited experience with serious databases such as Oracle.

// Snipped rest

Actually I was taught that a table has records which have fields and that they only are called rows and columns because of the way they are most often displayed, since they obviously are not arranged that way in the database.

Tuples, anyone? ;-) Received on Thu Sep 09 2004 - 08:45:09 CDT