Re: enabled trigger doesn't fire

From: Can <no_at_spam.net>
Date: Thu, 09 Sep 2004 11:20:19 GMT

"Richard Gjerde" <richard_gjerde_at_yahoo.no> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:wWV%c.8600$g%5.89938_at_news2.e.nsc.no...
> Thanks for the response Can. But there is nothing wrong with the trigger.
It
> is working fine on the production database, and since the database I am
> working on is an exact copy, the trigger is the same. However, it doesn't
> fire even though it (look like) it is activated.

Hmm, if you think the trigger is disabled, you need to execute: ALTER TABLE tablename ENABLE TRIGGER triggername;

Possible solution:
If I recall correctly, statements need to be commited before the trigger fires.
So - did you execute a commit upon the insert statement?

I know you're saying that db is a 100% exact copy, but if it were, the trigger should fire.
Maybe you don't have permissions to write into that table. If there's an exception in the trigger code, and this exception is caught/handled, then your insert on the first table will still work, whilst the second table will stay unaffected. So even, if the row is inserted in the first table, this need not mean your trigger is disabled - it still can be enabled, but just be throwing an unhandled exception.

Can Oezdemir Received on Thu Sep 09 2004 - 06:20:19 CDT