enabled trigger doesn't fire

From: Richard Gjerde <richard_gjerde_at_yahoo.no>
Date: Thu, 9 Sep 2004 09:54:05 +0200

I am doing some software testing on a database. As part of the testing I am inserting data into a table which has a trigger which is supposed to insert data into another table on insert. This does not happen, even though the trigger as far as I can see is enabled. (I am examining it in Oracle DBA Studio.) I guess the trigger cannot be enabled even if it looks as it is because then the fact that nothing gets inserted in the second table shoul lead to a rollback of insert in the first table? So why is it that it still looks as if it is enabled and how can I make it truely enabled. (I have tried enabling it with sql.) The database is a copy of a production base and there the trigger works which makes me even more confused. Received on Thu Sep 09 2004 - 02:54:05 CDT