Re: UTL_SMTP - ORA-29278: SMTP transient error: 421 Service not available

From: Dennis Griffith <dgriffi2_at_tampabay.rr.com>
Date: 7 Sep 2004 13:16:45 -0700

We found the problem and it was a "similar security issue".

After taking down the firewalls and checking everything possible, as an afterthought, we disabled the virus scanner and everything then worked.

We have McAfee and apparently this new version has added an "Additional Protections" option and the first one under there is to prevent mass mailings by blocking port 25.

(I still don't know why it would allow Outlook express to do the email but not the telnet......) Received on Tue Sep 07 2004 - 15:16:45 CDT