Re: Full text indexes and hints

From: Lord0 <lawrence.tierney_at_bipsolutions.com>
Date: Tue, 07 Sep 2004 07:54:08 GMT

"Pratap" <pratap_fin_at_rediffmail.com> wrote in message news:830861d2.0409062137.67850313_at_posting.google.com...
> And you cannot create two indexes on a single column. Also as Daniel
> pointed out your approach does not make sense. But yes if you query
> two different strings then it makes some sense.

Are you sure you cannot create two full text/CTXSYS.CONTEXT indexes on the same column? Because if you can't then yes my approach is wrong. The problem still remains however: I need to query the same column in a case sensitive and case insensitive manner and would like to use Oracles full-text indexing.

I'm thinking now use the full-text index for the case insensitive queries i.e. AND CONTAINS(contract_text, 'someword') and use LIKE for the case sensitive functionality (which doesn't get used much).

Thoughts? Received on Tue Sep 07 2004 - 02:54:08 CDT