Re: help installing Oracle Internet developer suite

From: Hans Forbrich <forbrich_at_yahoo.net>
Date: Sun, 05 Sep 2004 02:32:16 GMT

Rosa - Terra wrote:

> I have forgotten: I'm working with Windows XP Home
>

>> First of all, I´m a beginner with Oracle products.
>>
>> I have installed Oracle 9i database (and worked with it) and after that,
>> I want to install Oracle Internet Developer Suite (but I only have the 8i
>> version of this product, cd pack v1.0.2.4.0 v2). When I execute the

    <snip>

Sadly not good news ...

I am quite surprised that you managed to get Oracle9i database working on the Windows XP Home environment. From what I understand, that is indeed rare. Even Oracle has indicated they will not certify XP Home, just XP Pro and higher.

Your difficulty with iDS stems from the same place - the product is not certified, probably because there are enough changes in the operating system to make it incompatible. (Remember that iDS was released long before XP, and there were no guarantees that Microsoft would stay compatible.)

It's highly recommended that you switch your operating system (or Linux) and upgrade your Oracle software (especially iDS) to something more current. Received on Sat Sep 04 2004 - 21:32:16 CDT