Oracle Applications DBA question

From: Andrew <andyho99_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 3 Sep 2004 16:49:21 -0700

Is there any guidelines whether end users allowed to use sql*plus or similar tools to query database. We use Oracle Applicatons 11i. End users could use Discoverer to create reports and it use same security as OA. If end users want to use sql*plus, we need to set up roles or something like that to limit their access. I'm just curious what other shop do. Should we allow users to use sql*plus? Thanks. Received on Fri Sep 03 2004 - 18:49:21 CDT