Re: DB Cache Hit Rate > 100%

From: Dusan Bolek <pagesflames_at_usa.net>
Date: 1 Sep 2004 23:43:17 -0700

Fred <noway_at_jose.com> wrote in message news:<noway-CFC9A5.10354101092004_at_news101.his.com>...
> The user is using a monitoring tool: VERITAS Savant, and the 156% hit
> rate is showing on the screen.

That's the problem with the tools like this. You never know how these fancy numbers shown on the screen were calculated. I have the similar problems with Quest's Spotlight, sometimes I can see that my Large Pool is 170% full. For me, the numbers with an unknown origin are worthless.
I think that you should contact VERITAS support, because no one here can help you with the numbers displayed by external tool, unless you are able to reproduce this number using a query from data dictinary.

--
Dusan Bolek
http://www.db-support.com

Email: spambin_at_seznam.cz
Pls add "Not Guilty" to the subject, otherwise your email will face an
unpleasant end as SPAM.