Re: Longraw

From: Mark Bole <makbo_at_pacbell.net>
Date: Thu, 02 Sep 2004 00:45:50 GMT

Sybrand Bakker wrote:
> On Wed, 1 Sep 2004 11:34:12 +0200, "Larry" <ilmag15_at_attglobal.net>
> wrote:
>

>>I have heard it said that the Longraw is not being supported in future
>>versions.
>>
>>Does anyone have a suggestion as to what to map to instead ? Longraw can
>>handle 4G
>>
>>Larry
>>

> BLOB for binary large objects, CLOB for character large objects, and
> BFILE for storing binary files outside the database.
>

> --
> Sybrand Bakker, Senior Oracle DBA

To be pedantic, the LONG datatype hasn't really been supported since somewhere around version 8i (which itself is being desupported in a few months).

http://tinyurl.com/589mo

Anecdotally, I interviewed for a position at a well-known retail e-commerce site last year and when I learned that they were allowing current use of the LONG datatype to delay indefinitely their upgrade plans, I completely lost interest in the job.

--Mark Bole Received on Wed Sep 01 2004 - 19:45:50 CDT