Implied decimal points in external tables

From: Phil Bewig <pbewig_at_swbell.net>
Date: 1 Sep 2004 13:15:08 -0700

I want to load data via an external table. One field in the table is defined

    trans_amt number(13,2)

The external table is fixed width and the amount is stored filled with leading zeros and an implied two-digits behind the decimal point. For instance, the number 12,345.67 is stored in the
external table as

    0000001234567

With SQL*Loader I can define the field as

    trans_amt position(135:147) ":trans_amt/100"

but that doesn't work with external tables. I've played with decimal, zoned, and external but don't yet know how to properly read that number.

Can anyone help?

Many thanks,

Phil Received on Wed Sep 01 2004 - 15:15:08 CDT